Condominium Investment Philippines is your definitive resource on Philippine Real Properties and Condominiums, as some of the best investments in the country, condominium living in the Philippines, and other interesting topics.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Best Practices When Investing In Condominium Properties in the Philippines 2014

As I have been looking around the Metro for the best property deals and learning more about the ins and out of property investment here in the Philippines, I've distilled and updated my list of criteria that simplifies yet provides a reasonable amount of security and assurance for the investor or property buyer. These are the following:

1. Location - Is still, of course, one of the most important consideration with the purchase of a condo unit. Are you eventually planning on using it for yourself in the future or are you're looking to earn regular rental income from it? Or are you hoping to "flip it" once you've gotten an appreciation you're going to be happy with? Based on these considerations, your choice of location is really quite personal. It would also help if you have an authority to consult on this aspect for another opinion.

2. Company/Developer - The developer, I realized, doesn't necessarily have to be one of the big ones with celebrity endorsers. As per my experience, the cost for the advertising and marketing eventually falls on the end buyer. You may not realize it, thinking that you got a good deal but actually, if you calculate price per square meter and consider the livability of the condo unit, you'd eventually realize that you may not have gotten a very good deal at all.


Also very importantly is the developer's track record. I research and always get the opinion of other real estate expert-friends on every developer I plan to work with. I would not risk my name on one that has the risk of running away with my clients' money.

3. Livability and Unit Layout - My inclination now is to go with and promote investments in good value, low density developments done by small, yet proven developers. I consider the livability of the units before I promote it. I seriously think about it if I myself would be happy living in them for extended periods of time.

Bigger developers' projects tend towards high density (more units per floor), their inclination for layout design is more towards the "rectangular", or narrow type to maximize the use of horizontal space. This can feel cramped even with a supposedly bigger area.

A more "squarish" layout will give the feeling of more space even if the area is a bit smaller I found to my surprise. So I now advocate a smarter layout design in choosing a condominium unit.

I also would consider a unit with a balcony, even if its small, so I can have a small vegetable pot garden and an area to air out clothes and sheets.

4. Property Value - Has much to do also with the property's location. I usually ask around the area for the average pricing per square meter to get a better gauge of the value. If its located very near a commercial business district or a mall, its a big plus.

5. Payment Terms - Many people are undoubtedly attracted by low downpayment terms over 24-36 months as they really translate to very low monthly payments. But this can be a big problem in the future when time comes for them to get a bank loan. One really good developer I'm working with right now has put this into consideration with their offerings. This isn't really usually considered by almost all developers and real estate sellers, but in my opinion, its something that after sales service should include.

I hope this has helped and enriched your knowledge further with property investment. It's really not that complicated as long as you get the proper information and people to help you out.



No comments:

Post a Comment